Measurements incl. Stand: Height 30cm x Width 28cm x Depth 16cm
Plate Diameter 28cm
The Diana Cargo 1817
''The Diana'' was owned by Palmer and Co. a powerful Calcutta ship owner and was liscenced
by the English East India Company to sail from Calcutta or Madras to Canton.The ship would then return to India from China, laden with silks, tea, preserved fruits and thousands of pieces of beautiful blue and white porcelain.
Unfortunately The Diana was on one of these voyages when, on the 14th of March 1817, she hit
some rocks off the Straits of Malacca and sank. The wreck was identified and recovered in 1994
by Dorian Ball of Malaysian Historical Salvors.